Vegetable Spring Rolls
- Shredded cabbage – 2 cups
- Carrot – 1 big
- Big onions – 2 nos ( optional)
- Capsicum – 1/2 no
- Ginger – 2 inch piece
- Garlic – 8 nos
- Sugar – a big pinch
- Pepper powder – 1 tbsp
- Soya sauce – 1 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Cooking oil – 2 tbsp
- Spring onion – to garnish
For the sheet
- Spring roll sheet – 10 nos
- Corn flour or maida – 2 tbsp
- Water – as neededMETHOD
- Take out the spring roll sheet from the freezer and keep it outside for 1 hour.In the mean time,prepare the stuffing part.
- Grate the cabbage thinly.Chop the carrot and onion into thin strips.Slice the capsicum thinly.Chop the ginger and garlic very finely.Make sure everything should be of same size and thickness.Try to chop them as thin as possible to ensure quick cooking.
- Heat oil in a kadai and saute all the chopped vegetables adding some salt and sugar. Sugar helps to maintain the color of veggies.Saute in high flame continuously for 2-3 minutes.Veggies would get cooked and reduce in quantity.Lastly add the soya sauce and pepper powder.Mix well and switch off the flame.Garnish with finely chopped spring onions if u have.Stuffing for the spring roll is ready.
- n a wide bowl, take the maida or corn flour and add some water to make a cream like paste.
- Now the spring roll sheet must be ready to use.Take a sheet and cut into 4 if you want to make small sized spring rolls.Cover the remaining sheets with a wet cloth to avoid drying.If you want big spring rolls as in the picture,no need to cut the sheet.
- Place a tbsp of stuffing in one corner of the sheet.Roll it tight and fold the sides as shown in the picture.If you don’t roll it tight,spring roll becomes flat.
- Apply the corn flour paste in the other corner and stick it.Repeat the same process with all the sheets and arrange them in a plate.