- 2 1/2cup refined flour (maida)
- 250 gm thickened milk (mawa)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder (elaichi)
- 10-12 almond (badam)
- 10-12 raisins (kishmish)
- clarified butter (ghee) for frying
- Fry thickened milk in a pan until it turns light brown and then remove it from the flame.
- Grind sugar to a powder.
- Finely chop almonds.
- Mix sugar, almonds, raisins, cardamom powder and thickened milk.
- Keep in mind that sugar is to be added only when thickened milk gets cooled.
- Add 5 tbsp ghee in thickened milk and knead into hard dough with water.
- Make small rounds of it and roll them into small chapattis.
- Take 1 tbsp thickened milk and spread on the chapattis.
- Put some water on the corners so as to seal them and then press them with your fingers.
- Now heat ghee in a pan and deep fry all gujiyas at low flame from both the sides.
- Take them out and store the mawa gujiyas.