Indulge in Sweet Delight with Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes are the one vegetable which often make us nostalgic about all our winter memories. We all relish the hot and mellow sweet potato with little lemon twist. Remember how often our mom has cooked them at home and served with love. That love also had a hidden care of this incredible vegetable and its benefits. Sweet potatoes are not just delicious but also have a high nutritive value. The sweet potatoes are easily available in market in this season and are delicious appetizer in winters.
There are many other reasons to love these yummy Sweet Potatoes. Here are few:
1. They are high in vitamin B6. It helps maintain a healthy brain function. The vitamin plays a key role in synthesizing antibodies that are needed to fight various diseases. Vitamin B6 helps in maintaining normal nerve function. The vitamin helps in forming red blood cells and also helps in breaking down and digesting proteins.
2. They are a good source of vitamin C. It is very good to increase the immune against cold and flu, few people are aware that this crucial vitamin plays an important role in bone and tooth formation, digestion, and blood cell formation. It helps accelerate wound healing, produces collagen which helps maintain skin’s youthful elasticity, and is essential to helping us cope with stress. It even appears to help protect our body against toxins that might be linked to cancer.
3. They contain Vitamin D which is critical for immune system and overall health at this time of year. Both a vitamin and a hormone, vitamin D is primarily made in our bodies as a result of getting adequate sunlight. You may have heard about seasonal affective disorder (or SAD, as it is also called). In winters we have inadequate sunlight and therefore sweet potatoes can really cover up that. Vitamin D plays an important role in our energy levels, moods, and helps to build healthy bones, heart, nerves, skin, and teeth, and it supports the thyroid gland.
4. Sweet potatoes contain iron. Iron plays important roles in our body, including red and white blood cell production, resistance to stress, proper immune functioning, and the metabolizing of protein, among other things.
5. Sweet potatoes are a good source of magnesium, which is the relaxation and anti-stress mineral.
6. They are rich in fiber and thus increases metabolism thereby helping you to maintain ideal weight.
Make these winters the healthiest one and redeem the best benefits out of this magical vegetable. Taste the sweetness which is delightful, yet nutritive and make this vegetable with added spice and flavors in Glen Tandoor GL5014.
Enjoy the richness of this taste daily and bake it perfect as you can now cherish a perfectly baked sweet potato, served hot.