Eggless Chocolate Cake
- Serves: 24
- 400g plain flour
- 400g caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons good quality cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons distilled cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 500ml water
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Extra time: 55 mins
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and flour a 20x30cm (9×13 in) cake tin.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and bicarbonate of soda. Make a well in the centre, and pour in the oil, vinegar, water and vanilla.
- Mix well, then pour into the cake tin. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.