Aloo Matar Sabzi
1/2 cup boiled green peas
2 tsp sesame seeds (til)
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 cup sliced onions
1 tbsp cashewnuts (kaju)
2 tsp raisins (kismis)
5 tbsp tomato puree
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 tsp chilli powder
a pinch of sugar
salt to taste
For The Garnish
1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- Place the sesame seeds on a microwave-proof plate and microwave on high for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Combine the oil, cumin seeds and onions in another microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the cashewnuts, raisins and 1 tablespoon water, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée, garam masala, turmeric powder and chilli powder, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, green peas, sesame seeds, sugar, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix gently and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.